Monday, March 24, 2008

Saturday 15th October


It is now 3am and we have just settled into our hotel in Lima.



Coming off the plane was an eyeopener, people everywhere. Even our driver looked dodgey, not even sure if we should have gone with him. The drive was even more so. People in the streets, every shop front bordered up or roller shuttered, rubbish all over the sreets. It looks like a bit of a scary place. Cant wait to see it by day, hopefully will dispell my fears.

Tried to call but having a hard time with the phones.

Sweet dreams baby, Love you.

Woke up at around 11am today- Saturday. We are just about to go down for breakfast then step out into this unknown land. I will heaps of photos to show you.

It is now about 7pm and I am sitting in my room going through my photos for the day. Music is playing otside and the traffic is buzzing past, car horns constantly.
I have got a bit of a headache but think it is from lack of sleep. I am sure I will sleep well tonight.
Was very happy to hear your voice today. To hold you right now would be my biggest wish.

Today we changed some of our American dollars into Pasoes and walkedthe streets. We looked around souvenier shops. There are plenty of clothes and shoe shops too. I looked at some boots but might wait till we get to Cuzco. We have 6 days there, so plenty of time to shop.
The scenery, buildings and people here are great. I am really enjoying another culture.
Its now about 10pm and I have just had a shower. Me and Tess went down to the internet and I just sent you an email. Hope you got it.
While we were there, there was an older guy from our flight with his wife, staying in the same hotel. We had seen them earlier in the day. He told us they had been mugged. Their cash (200) and camera were stolen. They had crossed a bridge which took them to the slum part of town.



We had started to walk there today but only got half way and decided to go back as it looked dangerous.

I am not going to tell you this while I am still here. We are all being very careful, so you should not have any worries while I am still here.

Off to bed now
Love you forever.

No comments: